Living a life of faith is impossible without the Word of God. The Bible says “Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.” (Romans 10:17)
In order to hear the Word of God, we have to read it. That doesn’t mean just reading any scripture. For example, if you are going through a trial where your health is being threatened, reading a scripture on children being a heritage of the Lord, won’t much help (unless it’s your children’s health you’re fighting for!)
The beautiful thing about the Word of God though is all of it brings Wisdom. While the verse you are reading may not be specifically applicable to a current situation, it’s sure to bring faith and lead you to another scripture that is.
But for the sake of “laser targeted” (my words 🙂 ) faith, we should find scriptures that are SPECIFIC to our situation. For example, when in need of finances to meet a need, reading and meditating on “But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory.” (Philippians 4:19) is laser targeted.
Aside from scriptures that are specific to a situation, I like these 5 scriptures about faith in general:
1) Ephesians 6:16 (KJV) Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
This tells us that faith is the most important thing for us to use when fighting the enemy. “Above all.” Prayer is important and praising God is important when going through trials but it’s your faith that will put a stop to the enemy’s tactics.
2) Matthew 7:7 (NIV) Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
We can ask God for what we need but we need to be diligent. When we are diligent, that means we come to Him (not asking again and again but thanking Him til we see the results)
3) Mark 11:23 (KJV) For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
If we can just believe God for whatever it is, He promises that even the biggest problems (a mountain is huge) will be solved and we will receive what we are believing for.
4) Luke 17:6 (DARBY) But the Lord said, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard [seed], ye had said to this sycamine tree, Be thou rooted up, and be thou planted in the sea, and it would have obeyed you.
Everyone of us has been given access to faith. Our faith doesn’t have to be large. It just has to be of the substance that will root up trees. The God kind of faith! No doubt and even small faith will bring results.
5) Hebrews 11:1 (KJV) Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
This tells us that faith is a substance – a material of a particular kind* That means it’s made of something. It’s also evidence – a visible sign of something* of what we are believing to come to pass in the natural realm. We may not see what we are believing for yet but if we stay on our faith, we will see.
If you haven’t been convinced by now, Faith is necessary for living a victorious life.
Do you have any faith scriptures you’d like to share? Please share them in the comment section!