Loose two strand twists are an effective way to protective style your hair. Because the twists are done very loosely on your hair, it requires much less manipulation to do than regular twists. Also, the twists while done loosely are keeping the individual strands protected wrapped around each other.
What I like most about protective styling with loose two strand twists is your hair actually looks loose. That means your hair may not look like it’s in a protective state, allowing you more flexibility for styling.
Protective Style: Loose Two Strand Twists
How to Do Loose Twists
Tools/Accessories Needed: Clips to section your hair off, blow dryer (optional), your fingers 🙂
- Section hair into 4 and clip each section up
- Starting with one of the back sections, part hair with your fingers and grab a small area to twist and clip the rest of the hair up.
- Begin the twist off tightly at the root and twist looser and looser as you work your ways to the end
- Twist the very end of your hair tighter than the rest so that it doesn’t unravel.
- Twist until your entire head is done.
Note: If you want a part in the front of your hair (totally optional), create your part before you start twisting
Loose twists can be worn pulled up in a bun, french roll, ponytail or worn loosely. Get the look by following these steps.
– Organic Unrefined Shea Butter to twist with
– EcoStyler Curl and Wave Gel to smooth edges (throughout the week when pulling hair up)