This page serves as a culmination of the curly hair styles I’ve done on my fine natural hair. These styles are either low manipulation or partially protective (partial up-do’s with some of my ends exposed). Below is a slide show and a mosaic view.
You can click on the individual images for a larger view of the style. If you are into slide shows, you can view it as such below. I will update this page with new curly hairstyles every now and then.
Curly hair is very versatile. You can style it in so many ways…wash and go’s, buns, twists, braids, french rolls, up-do’s, down-do’s, curly ponytails and more. This page just shares hairstyles for fine naturally curly hair similar to mine. I don’t typically do lots of twist or braid styles. Most of my hair styling is based on low manipulation of my hair, so wash ‘n go’s, twist outs and braid outs are my main thing.
In the winter, I do more full protective styles. Click this link to see some of the bun styles I wore during a challenge: Bun Challenge.
Slideshow of Curly Hair Styles
For my wash and go’s I use these products in rotation:
- Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie + Curling Soufflee
- CurlPrep Sweet Buttah + Around The Way Gel
- Camille Rose Naturals CurlMaker + Coconut Water Style Setter
- TRESemme Naturals Perfectly (un)done conditioner + EcoStyler Curl and Wave gel
For my twist and braid outs, I like to use:
- Kinky Kashmere Betta Butta
- Camille Rose Naturals Fresh Curls
- Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
- Mango Butter
For my up-do’s, I like to set my edges with:
- Curls Blueberry Bliss Control Paste
- EcoStyler Curl and Wave Gel
- Camille Rose Naturals CurlMaker
Yes, some of my products are multi-use. It just so happens that these products work really well for my fine hair.
Low manipulation + limited products go hand in hand in my book.
Curly Hairstyle Tutorials for Fine Hair
The steps I take for doing wash and go’s, twist outs, braid outs and roller sets vary. Here are a few tutorials that may interest you:
Subscribe to Fine Natural Hair and Faith on Youtube for more tutorials of curly hair styles.