Last week I started How to Protective Style with Sophistication – The Sophisticated Bun Series. The reason I started this was two fold:
- To bring out a little of my own creativity
- To help you with yours
It’s winter time and protective styling is a natural girl’s best friend. I’ve had a bit of fun creating the next style in the series.
Horizontal Figure 8 Bun with Tendrils
- Hair pins
- Bobby pins
- Flexi Rods
- Banana Clip
- Decorative hair stick
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Aussie Moist Conditioner
- Wash hair and set in 6 twists rolled on flexi rods to stretch it.
- Release the twists and leaving forward, gather all but the hair you want to leave out for the tendrils to the top of the head.
- Use Aloe Gel to smooth edges (except the tendrils)
- Define the tendrils with Aussie Moist conditioner.
- Secure hair in a banana clip horizontally on top of your head.
- Split hair in two
- Pin hair by section with bobby pins to create a figure 8 bun. This method makes a bigger bun on medium length hair.
Do you protective style using buns? What’s your favorite technique for bunning your hair?