The Bible tells us that it’s impossible to please God without faith. (Hebrews 11:6). Each of us at the new birth is given a measure of faith (Romans 12:3). Yet, faith isn’t something that’s magically developed overnight.
While you do have the measure of faith given to you when you’re born again (Romans 12:3), you have to develop that faith to a level that will give you victorious results in your life.
One of the ways you develop your faith is by making daily confessions of God’s Word that applies to your life’s circumstances.
For example, I’m looking forward to the day that my son no longer has seizures. I’m also looking forward to the day that I’m debt free, own my own home and will become a successful vlogger/blogger.
Neither of these things can be done in my own human strength. There are things I can do in the natural realm to become debt free and to position myself to buy a home but I need God’s help for everything I set out to do. There’s so many unknowns and things out of our control that no matter what we do, there can always be something just around the the corner to derail our best laid out plans.
God has given us a roadmap to success. It’s all in His Word, The Bible. One of the keys He gives us so that we can live victorious lives is the power of the tongue. Proverbs 18:21 says “Life and death is in the power of the tongue; and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.” In the Good News Translation of the Bible, the latter part of the verse says “so you must accept the consequences of your words.” This can be for good or evil so why not choose good words?
Making daily confessions from God’s Word aligns your thinking with His thinking. It gives us power to create positive consequences for our lives.
Here are some of the confessions I make from God’s Word to help me create a Victorious Life:
- For Jesus Himself took my infirmities and bore my sicknesses. By whose stripes I was healed. (Matthew 8:17)
- For He was wounded for my transgressions and He was bruised for my iniquities. The chastisement of my peace was upon Him and by His stripes I am healed. (Isaiah 53:5)
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philipians 4:13)
- My body is the temple of the Holy Ghost and I honor God in my body (1 Corinthians 6:19)
- The Lord takes pleasure in prosperity. Everything I put my hands to prospers Psalm 35:27
What are some areas of your life that you can make daily confessions in to see change?