In a previous post I shared sources of natural hair inspiration that I typically go to for styling my fine natural hair.
How I choose to set a style on a given day (or evening), determines my morning fine hair care routine.
Below you’ll find two morning hair care routines that I don’t deviate much from. One is for when I’m wearing my hair loose and the other is for when I have my hair in a protective style or a style that doesn’t allow for free movement of my strands.
Morning Fine Hair Routine for Loose Hair
Let’s first establish that it’s a given that I do not sleep on my hair when it’s loose without affording it some form of protection. That could be sleeping in a satin scarf, on a satin pillowcase or both if it’s not too warm in the house.
I’ll share the night time routines I follow for my fine hair in the near future but for now, just know that I’m not simply working on loose hair. First, I have to let it down and then I follow these steps:
- Shake my head vigorously while manipulating my curls slightly downward, pulling the hairs in place.
- Massage my scalp gently for about 30 seconds.
- Spritz my curls lightly with the Mane Choice Tropical Moringa Oil & Honey Daily Restorative Spray.
- Scrunch a small amount of the Mane Choice Tropical Moringa Oil & Honey Daily Moisturizer and Sealing Cream.
- If my ends are feeling particularly tattered, I’ll smooth on a bit of the Mane Choice Ancient Egyptian Anti-Breakage & Repair Serum.
- Use my fingers to sculpt my curls the way I want them to look (this could mean twirling them with my fingers or further separating them for more volume).
- Apply one of my gels (CurlPrep CurlCrush Around the Way Gel or Camille Rose Naturals CurlMaker) to my edges using a dual side edge sculpting comb/brush. Then, it’s off to the races (that thing called Life)
Morning Fine Hair Routine for Protected/Restricted Hair
Unlike when I’m wearing my hair loose, I change my routine or regimen a bit.
When wearing twists:
– Spritz the ends with moisture followed by sealing with Jamaican Black Castor Oil
– Repeat the above process to my hair line (aka them edges!)
– Pin the twists in a style
For those bun based occasions:
– When hair is already in a bun that was set over night, I spritz my overall head with water using the fancy 360 sprayer bottle you see above (I got it on Amazon).
– Then, smooth a cream styler (or hair butter in the winter) to my edges and the perimeter of my hair. The styler I use varies but is always from one of the following staple product lines:
- Camille Rose Naturals
- Eden Body Works
- The Mane Choice
– Pin any unruly or unnecessary stray hairs in place
– Sculpt my edges with a combination of gel and Mielle Organics Flexible Hold Edge Gel (sometimes I pull the hair by my ears down and fold them behind my ears while they’re drying)
– Tie down with a scarf until the bun is set
If you want to see any of my morning hair care routines demonstrated, go on over to my YouTube channel and subscribe to receive updates at https://www.youtube.com/c/Finenaturalhairandfaith1
I’ll be creating two quick videos showing these simple fine hair care routines in the near future.