It’s 45 minutes before you have to head out for work. You’re late….again. The alarm clock didn’t go off (or you ignored it). You know how people feel about natural hair in the workplace so you don’t want to just walk out the house haphazardly with your hair looking unkempt!
Plus, you still need to prioritize at least a few minutes to connect with your Creator before starting the day. A wise woman once said:
The Low Bun to The Rescue
I just love rocking buns on my natural hair. The low bun you see here is actually a double bun. I recreated it a while back, earlier in my natural hair journey. I left the ends slightly exposed for an effortless look but it’s still considered a protective style in my book because the ends of my hair are still up away from anything that could cause them damage. That includes friction with my clothes and tangling with my jewelry.
Tools and accessories
- Satin scrunchie
- Bobby pins
- Spray bottle with a mixture of water and conditioner
- Aloe vera gel to quickly smooth those edges
Technique to Create this Low Bun
- Spritzed hair with water/conditioner mix
- Smoothed edges with aloe gel
- Using hands (no brushes or combs), secured hair into a ponytail with the satin scrunchie
- Created the low double bun using bobby pins. In order to achieve a fuller bun, I sectioned the ponytail into two and criss crossed vs. wrapping it into a chignon first
- The, pinned each section to create the bun.
Easy peasy and it took all of 5 minutes to do. Now, that’s a classy bun that would work great for natural hair in the workplace. 😉
Note: this article was previously published. It’s been updated and expanded upon 🙂