How easy is it to just trust what a product manufacturer says about their products? They give you an ingredient list and they tell you “your hair will grow” and “your split ends will be mended.” These product claims are more often than not, a stretch. Yet, we buy into them because we have hope – hope that the products we put our trust in will give us the desired results we are seeking for our hair. Many times we trust the claims without any proof.
Why can’t we trust what nature has to offer in the same manner? All natural and Ayurvedic products are filled with herbs directly from the manufacturer himself…God. It would stand to reason that these natural substances are a lot more potent and effective than their synthetic counterparts. Yet, we go for the “cheap” stuff before even considering what nature has to offer.
OK when I say “we,” I’m generalizing of course. Maybe you’ve always looked to nature for your hair care. Goodie for you. I’m not among that lot. Well, at least I didn’t used to be. I’ve caught on though!
So, I say all of that to say that I’m dramatically overhauling my hair regimen – not the techniques as much as the products. Most of my staple hair products will be eliminated in favor of all natural and Ayurvedic hair care products.
That doesn’t mean I won’t be using any store bought products. There are some items in my hair care regiment that I’ve yet to discover an all natural or Ayurvedic version of. The majority of what I’ll be using on my hair however, will be sourced from nature. In no particular order, the new product line up:
- Organic Unrefined Coconut oil
- Organic Raw Honey
- DIY Bentonite or Clay wash first and foremost. Alternating every few weeks with:
- Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea Cleansing Co-wash
- Shampoo from either Mielle Organics OR The Mane Choice
Deep Conditioners/Strengthening Treatments
- Curly Proverbz X Belle Bar Organic Cassia Hair Mask (alternate weeks)
- Curly Proverbz X Belle Bar Organic Henna Hair Mask (alternate weeks)
- DIY Goat’s Milk Oil and Honey Conditioner (monthly)
- Curly Proverbz X Belle Bar Organic Growth Hair Oil
- Curly Proverbz X Belle Bar Green Tea Rinse (also used to impart moisture)
- Full Strength Henna (quarterly)
Related Post: Curly Proverbz NEW Ayurvedic Hair Line
- Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner (I’ve yet to find an Ayurvedic or all natural conditioner with this much slip. If you know of one, please school a sister! Until then, this stays)
- Water (followed by my leave in conditioner)
Leave In Conditioner
- Camille Rose Naturals Coconut Water Leave in
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil
- Jojoba Oil
- Sweet Almond Oil
- Argan Oil
- Whipped Mango or Shea Butter
- Tea tree
- Aloe vera gel
- Flaxseed gel
- OptiMSM (for mixing into the hair growth oil)
- CURLS Blueberry Blissful Lengths Liquid Hair Growth VitaminIngredients:Vitamin A (as beta carotene) 700 IU 14%Vitamin B-1 (as thiamin HCI) 5 mg 333%Vitamin B-2 (as riboavin) 5 mg 294%Vitamin B-3 (as niacinamide) 25 mg 125%Pantothenic Acid (as d-calcium pantothenate) 25 mg 250%Vitamin B-6 (as pyridoxine HCI) 10 mg 500%Biotin 2,500 mcg 833%Folate (as folic acid) 100 mcg 25%Vitamin B-12 (as methylcobalamin) 100 mcg 1667%Selenium (as L-selenium methionine) 70 mcg 100%Inositol 200 mg **MSM (methyl-sulfonyl-methane) 100 mg **N-Acetyl -L-Cysteine 30 mg **L-Proline 30 mg **Proprietary Blend 350 mg **Coconut Juice Powder, Blueberry Leaf Extract, Ginger Root Extract, Horsetail Extract, Aloe Vera
To Beast Mode Hair Growth!
A Prayer or Our Hair:
Father God, thank you for the herbs that you’ve given to us. Thank you for nature. Let our hair flourish as we embrace, Trust Your plan and #TrustNature. Amen