There’s the facial products that keep your skin healthy, the perfumes that keep you smelling nice, the makeup that enhances your beauty and the powders that….well, keep the lady parts dry and smelling fresh.
When you have a lot of beauty products, it can be daunting to keep up with it all. But, let’s face it ladies. Getting rid of our stuff is NOT an option.
So, how do we keep our beauty products and cosmetics in check? Here’s 5 ways to keep them organized:
- Have an organizer in place. Before you can even begin to keep your beauty products organized, you need a place to store them. I picked up the perfect item for under $10 and it keeps most of my makeup organized at all times.
- Group like items. A fool proof way to keep your stuff organized is to group like items with each other. When you’re done with them, it becomes habit to put them back in their place. Store lipsticks, glosses, and balms together. Store eye shadows, liners, and mascaras together. Organize all your brushes in one place. Keep your skin care products (cleansers, toners, moisturizers) grouped in the place where you’ll use them most often. Keep your perfumes organized on your dresser or cabinet by type of scent (musks, florals, fruity scents etc.).
- Take time once a month to dump expired beauty products. This will help keep your products organized because you won’t have to hunt through the junk to get to what you ‘re looking for. This also makes revamping your beauty bag in the fall much easier.
- Have 2-3 beauty bags on hand. If you are a lady who likes to travel with your beauty essentials, you can keep a bag pre-stocked with your regularly used items: foundation, powder, liners, mascara, lip gloss, brushes, cotton pads, hair accessories and a small bottle of perfume. When the time comes, you can grab it and go. All you’ll need to add is the items that you don’t regularly use – like colored lipsticks or eye shadow.
- Group makeup by color. As an alternative to grouping your cosmetics by type, you can group them by color. In this case, you’d keep your eye shadows, lipsticks, blushes, liners grouped together by color (reds with reds, purples with purples, etc.). I find this to be less organized (unless it’s nail polish) but different things work for different people. Having your makeup grouped by color may be your thing.
No longer do you have to search frantically for your favorite cosmetics and beauty products. I’ve found that these shortcuts I’ve shared are very helpful.
Check out some of the cool organizers available on Amazon:
How do you organize all of your beauty stuff?