I started to entitle this post, “Da Bomb Diggity Protein Conditioner.” Then, I figured I needed to show a little more tact.
I almost couldn’t help it though. I am from New York and we say things like “Da Bomb” all the time. Well, at least we used to when I was growing up LOL. The “diggity” was for extra added enthusiasm.
Anyway, I am too excited about a new protein conditioner I bought. After using it, I was amazed at the fast results. Not only was my hair instantly stronger with virtually no breakage after using it. It was also left pH balanced! How do I know? Because of the way my hair curled right up!
I’ve always struggled with straight ends. After reading some things about the hair’s pH balance (plus watching this video), I’m convinced that an off-balance pH balance may be the biggest culprit of my straight ends.
I try so many products at times (the PJ in me), that it’s highly probable that many of them have messed with my hair’s pH balance. Hmmm, time to tame the PJism.
So What Is This New Protein Conditioner?
It is Tropic Isle Living Jamaican Black Castor Oil Protein Conditioner (you can find it here). I’m telling you, this stuff is absolutely amazing. I love how my hair felt after applying it, treating it with heat and then rinsing it out. Strong and easy to detangle after applying diluted Herbal Essences Hello Hydration.
Check out the ingredients: Mayonnaise, Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Vitamin E, Avocado Oil, Mustard Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Lavender, Pimento Oil
All natural. Double score. The only thing is it smells like pickles. I can deal with it though because the results were so awesome.
A New Hair Care Regimen
One thing I know is fine hair likes protein. However, it needs moisture to balance out the protein. Having fine strands of natural hair that’s not abused with heat or chemicals don’t require protein treatments on a weekly basis. Bi-weekly protein treatments are however, beneficial for fine hair.
This new JBCO protein conditioner has changed my life (OK that’s a little extreme but you get the picture). This is a new staple for me and is being incorporated into my hair care regimen. It’s changed everything and comes at a good time now that we are entering the colder months when hair needs added protection.
On Wash Day
- Pre-poo hair with Vatika and Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO) the night before washing. Leave in hair overnight.
- Wash hair in 4 twists with Shea Moisture’s Hair Thickening Shampoo
- Loosen the twists and deep condition with either the JBCO protein conditioner or Shea Moisture Hair Mask with honey added. I’ll be alternating these every other week so I don’t over-protein treat.
- After deep conditioning with heat for 45 minutes, I allow the hair to cool for 15 minutes
- On cooled hair, I apply diluted Herbal Essences Hello Hydration and finger detangle before applying leave in conditioner and sealing (It works well. Read why I use this technique here)
- Apply Kimmaytube Leave In Conditioner and seal with JBCO.
- Style as normal