The Slap Cap from Grace Eleyae (pronounced Uh-Lay-uh) is the perfect tool when it comes time to protective style your hair. It will come in handy to help your hair retain moisture in winter.
If you’re looking to grow your hair longer or just maintain the length you’re at, protective styling is one of the most effective ways to do so.
In the following video I share four ways to style the Slap Cap when you have curly hair. As you’ll see, there’s some hair that can be left out but largely most of your hair is protected.
The reasons the Slap Cap is so great at helping with protective styling is the satin that lines the cap. The benefits of using satin in the cap as shared by the manufacturer are numerous (comments in quotes are mine):
- Keeps hair moisturized (so necessary for length retention)
- Keeps skin moisturized (including the scalp)
- Limits breakage
- Combats frizz
- Preserves hairstyles longer. Go longer in between washes, Keeps blowouts/hair-dos longer. (great for maintaining your protective style)
- You can do your hair the night before and it will look the same when you wake up. (not exactly but close enough!!)
- Save money by taking fewer trips to the hair salon.
- Gets rid of bed head
- Helps limit wrinkles
- Rids sleep lines
- Rids unnecessary tangles
- Reduces hair thinning
- Reduces split ends, which prolongs times between trims
- Allows a smooth environment, so hair doesn’t snag, producing split ends and breaking
- Keeps curls in their original shape
- Reduces hair loss
- Reduces and helps restore damaged hair
- Wake up with hydrated hair and fresh looking skin
- Protects from harsh weather (see I told you!!)
- Saves time on morning and night time routine
- Satin allows your hair to repair itself, so whatever oils or deep conditioning you use, your hair can fully absorb all of the healing properties and use it to its fullest ability.
- Healthier hair, fewer hair products.
Here’s another benefit not mentioned:
- Great for lazy hair days!
As you can see, these satin lined caps are beneficial to more than just your hair. Check out the wide assortment of Slap Caps here. You’ll get more protective styling ideas too!