This is week 16 of 52 wash days chronicling what I’ll be doing to gain length on my fine natural hair. My length goal is waist length within the next 2 1/2 years. Subscribe to this blog to be notified when future posts are published.
Pre-Poo: Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil + Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner
Cleanser: As I Am Coconut Co-wash
Protein Conditioner: None
Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Mask
Rinse Out Conditioner: TRESemme Expert Selection (un)Done Weightless Moisturizing Conditioner
Leave In Conditioner: None
Sealant and/or Styler: Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker
Tools: Fingers :-), Hot Head Conditioning Cap, Plastic cap, Plastic Bowl, Hair clips, Spatula, Rat tail comb
Wash Day Procedure
- Applied coconut oil/Aubrey Organics GPB mix through hair and created 4 large twists.
- Allowed pre-poo to sit on hair for several hours.
- Hopped in the shower and washed hair in the 4 sections with As I Am Coconut Co-wash.
- Applied SM deep conditioner throughout hair and put on a plastic cap.
- Sat with 15 minutes under my Hot Head microwavable conditioning cap.
- Allowed hair to cool for 15 minutes
- Hopped back in shower and partially rinsed out conditioner.
- Applied Perfectly (un)Done throughout hair and finger detangled, working from back to front.
- Rinsed hair with cool water.
- Worked CRN CurlMaker through hair and allowed to air dry.
Focus & Thoughts
Today’s micro focus was to set my curls in a “protective” manner with as lightweight a product as possible. Last week when I used Camille Rose Naturals CurlMaker, I didn’t feel like it had as much hold as I would like. So, this week I chose to NOT use a leave in conditioner. Normally, I would never skip using a leave in but I had to see if the CurlMaker would work better alone. Honestly, not. While it smells delicious and it does define the curls, it doesn’t tame my frizzies and it makes my hair shrink up waaaaaaay too much. Therefore, at $22 I will not be repurchasing this (full video review coming next week).
So, now a little about my newest acquisition….TRESemme Expert Selections Perfectly (und)Done conditioner. I purchased this conditioner after reading several accounts about it being better than TRESemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner. It’s supposed to have more slip and do some other great things to the hair. Well, this is just another product that I’m not wildly impressed about. It affects my hair the exact same way as the TRESemme Naturals so I’m not seeing the big whoop.
I haven’t tried Perfectly (un)Done (who comes up with these names in the R&D department of manufacturing companies?) for a conditioner only wash and go but I will do so in the future and report back. For now, my curls are somewhat satisfied. However, as I type this post I’m banding my hair over night for more elongation.