This is week 20 of 52 wash days chronicling what I’ll be doing to gain length on my fine natural hair. My length goal is waist length within the next 2 1/2 years. Subscribe to this blog to be notified when future posts are published.
Pre-Poo: Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil | Shea Moisture Purification Mask
Cleanser: Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea Cleansing Co-wash
Protein Treatment: None
Deep Conditioner: None
Rinse Out Conditioner: TRESemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner
Leave In Conditioner:Shea Moisture JBCO Strengthen Grow and Restore Masque
Sealant and/or Styler: Thirsty Roots Apricot Castor Oil and EcoStyler Curl & Wave Gel
Tools: Fingers :-), clips and a rat tail comb to part
Wash Day Procedure
- Applied coconut oil throughout hair a day before washing and put hair in a ponytail.
- Next afternoon, worked Shea Moisture’s Purification Masque through hair (in 4 sections) and lightly finger detangled.
- Waited about an hour and hopped in the shower to wash hair in the sections
- Rinsed and applied rinsing conditioner.
- Finger detangled with conditioner in hair and rinsed, section by section.
- Hopped out of the shower and proceeded to style hair. Watch this video for step by step styling:
Focus & Thoughts
Today’s micro focus was to set my wash and go with just the right amount of hold. So, I saw this EcoStyler Gel for Curls & Waves posted in a Facebook group. It’s a level 8 so I knew I had to try it and I love it. The level 10 gels tend to be a little too heavy for fine hair.
I skipped my deep conditioning today (I know I know) but I wasn’t feeling well. I’m dong the 10 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse and I was on day 2 (more about that later this week). I had a tremendous headache so I just wanted to wash my hair and quickly set it.
I’m not too concerned about not deep conditioning though. The Purification Masque provided me with some conditioning during the pre-poo. I’ll be back to my regularly scheduled conditioning routine next week 🙂
Last off, I have to say I’m really liking the Shea Moisture Strengthen, Grow and Restore leave in conditioner. It’s nice and creamy. It also seems to pair well with many of the products I’m using.
I give today’s wash day another 5/5. I really love this new EcoStyler Gel. Lots of definition and just the right amount of hold for my fine natural hair. 🙂