This is week 7 of 52 wash days chronicling what I’ll be doing to gain length on my fine natural hair. The goal is still waist length but it will take a little longer due to my recent cut. Subscribe to this blog to be notified when future posts are published.
Pre-Poo: Shea Moisture 10 in 1 Superfruit Complex Conditioner + Coconut Oil
Cleanser: Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea Cleansing Cowash
Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture Strengthen, Grow & Restore Hair Mask
Rinse Out Conditioner: None
Leave In Conditioner: None
Sealant and/or Styler: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Shea Moisture Curling Soufflé
Tools: Large Seamless Comb, Silver Conditioner Cap, shampoo massage brush
Wash Day Procedure
- The day before I washed, I pre-poo’d and finger detangled my fine hair in the morning before going to work. Applied coconut oil to a section smoothing it in and then applied conditioner and finger detangled.
- Repeated for 7 sections, ending with 8 twists which I bunned and went to work in
- Slept with bunned twists overnight.
- Since it was Valentines Day and I was running late, I released the twists for a quickie twist out (nothing impressive)
- Late afternoon, hopped in the shower and washed (hair wasn’t sectioned)
- Rinsed and applied deep conditioner and silver conditioning cap (self generated heat…well it was more like warmth).
- After about 45 minutes, rinsed hair with warm to cool water.
- Smoothed in the Curl Enhancing Smoothing throughout the hair (no sections….I was lazy)
- Smoothed in the Curling Soufflé
- Ran fingers through hair while simultaneously raking and smoothing.
- Clipped hair in two sections to air dry 50%
- Slept with hair in a high ponytail
Focus & Thoughts
Today’s micro focus was to just get ‘er done. Hence, I didn’t really have a micro focus! I didn’t feel like doing my hair at all this week but I will not skip a week for the health and manageability of my hair. When you have fine natural hair, you can’t afford to skip caring for it.
My wash and go was pretty easy peasy and this fine natural hair actually has tons of volume with a slight hold. I’m only taking off .5 of my score due to my attitude (see below). 😐
I give today’s wash day a 4.5/5. While I didn’t feel much like doing it, wash day was pretty uneventful. I had very little tangling thanks to my extra long pre-poo.
My only qualm (if you can call it that) is that my hair began to dry up really fast after applying the CES. Therefore I had to wet it in order to continue smoothing and detangling.