Last updated on May 27th, 2023 at 02:10 pm
Fine hair needs protein. Many focus on moisture and neglect the fact that protein is just as important. I’ve used numerous hair products for protein treatments but I must say that the DIY Goat Milk Conditioner Recipe I got from Hairscapades is one of the best. I’ve since altered the recipe to suit my hair’s needs.
I’ve been using goat’s milk in conjunction with natural oils and essential oils for over a year now. This recipe is protein and moisture balanced. My hair never feels hard after use, only strong.
How I use the DIY Goat’s Milk Hair Conditioner
This conditioner prevents my hair from weakening due to daily manipulation and external factors like cold weather.
While I only use it this once a month during the summer, the remaining months of the year, I use goat’s milk, honey and natural oils on a more regular basis (2-3 times per month). Sometimes, after rinsing I will follow up with a hair rinse or rinse out conditioner (like Shea Moisture’s Zanzibar Marine Complex)
In this video I demonstrate how I make and apply my goat’s milk conditioner:
Aside from the obvious hair strengthening, one of the things I like best about this DIY Goat milk conditioner is the amount of slip it is.
Like I mention in the video, the slip is amazing! I also love that I can get a most excellent conditioning with ingredients that can be found right in an average kitchen.
DIY Goat Milk Conditioner Recipe Ingredients
– 1/4 cup of Goat milk (Evaporated in a can OR the equivalent from powdered goat milk)
– 1/2 tablespoon Organic jojoba oil
– 1/2 tablespoon Extra virgin coconut oil (can omit if your hair doesn’t particularly care for coconut oil)
– 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil (sub: grapeseed oil)
– Dropper full of Eucalyptus Oil (I alternate using tea tree and rosemary oil, sometimes both. All 3 of these essential oils stimulate growth)
– Squirt of Organic Honey
– Guar gum (approximately 1/2 teaspoon)
This goat milk conditioner recipe is well balanced with strength and moisture thanks to the oils and honey.