Making positive hair growth affirmations for your natural hair can be quite beneficial to your self care routine. Below you’ll find a number of faith based hair growth affirmations and general affirmations.
While Fine Natural Hair and Faith is a blog written by a Christian blogger, (me!) I’m quite aware that not everyone that visits this site is a Christian. That’s why, in addition to hair growth affirmations that are faith based, I’m also including general affirmations.
What is an Affirmation?
The word “affirmation” has been defined in multiple ways but to provide you with a full picture that is most impactful, here are a few definitions* which may resonate with you:
- a formal declaration by a person who declines to take an oath for reasons of conscience
- the act of saying yes or of showing that you mean yes
- support or approval
An even more targeted definition of an affirmation as it relates to making affirmations for the health of your hair is defining what self-affirmation is.
Self-affirmation is defined as belief in yourself, your worth, and your ability to achieve things.
When you begin to make declarations AND confessions about growing longer hair, you are essentially making a self-affirmation because your hair is a part of who you are.
There is a such thing as affirming something mentally but not verbally. However, when affirmations are tied to confessions they have a much more powerful impact.
Without going too deep into it, you can affirm something without actually confessing it. However, it’s the confessions that solidify the affirmation.
*Definitions from the Cambridge English Dictionary
Benefits of Positive Affirmations
Making affirmations for healthy hair growth can be a powerful thing.
There’s so much negativity in the world. For example, people shunning those with tightly coiled hair, calling it “bad hair.”
Why not make positive hair affirmations vs. indulging in the negative self-talk that leads to speaking negative words?
In the long run, what you say begins in your mind. If you have negative thoughts, you’ll speaking negatively.
I’m sure you’ve also heard statements like “What you put out into the world (words and actions), will come back to you.” This is what is known as the law of attraction.
If you have a positive mindset and make positive statements, you are more apt to receive what you are speaking and believing for.
However, it’s deeper than that.
Positive Words, Thoughts and Self-Talk
In the Holy Bible (God’s Word), there are several scriptures to support the huge impact of speaking positive words, thinking positive thoughts and even engaging in positive self-talk.
Here are just a few:
- Proverbs 16:9: A man’s heart devises his way: but the LORD directs his steps.
- Proverbs 23:7: For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.
- Proverbs 18:21: Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit.
- Ephesians 4:23: and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, (this scripture reveals the importance of feeding your subconscious mind positivity via the Word of God)
Some will call making positive affirmations feeding yourself positive energy but that’s a very impersonal and self-sufficient view of what God has already declared He wants you to have.
If your desire is to have long hair, it’s God’s desire for you to have it as well! Just don’t worship it (a different topic of discussion)
One scripture that supports this is 1 Corinthians 11:15:
“But if a woman has long hair, it is her glory. For her hair is given to her for a covering.”
Why Make Affirmations for Your Hair?
Your hair is a part of you. It may not be all of you but you still need to take care of it just as you would take care of any other part of your body.
To grow beautiful hair that’s healthy, it’s most important to first:
- Identify your hair type (porosity, curl pattern and other characteristics) so you can choose the right hair products and hair techniques to care for it
- Define your hair growth goals
- Build a hair regimen that includes supporting the health of your hair but also the health of your scalp
Guide to Mastering Your Hair:
Once you’ve established these, you can kick it up a notch by using the words you speak to bring to reach the goal you have for long hair.
Before we continue, it’s important to note that there’s no such thing as perfect hair. There’s only hair that thrives in an environment that you create for it.
Another important thing to note is this isn’t some woo woo self talk. You were created to “create.” That creation starts with your mouth just as it did with the Creator.
The best way to make an affirmation is to make a confession that confirms what you affirm. It’s also a good idea to do so daily.
Faith Based Hair Growth Affirmations & Confessions
For even more definitive results, the best way to make an affirmation is to do so based on what God has already declared about you. That certainly includes your hair.
It doesn’t matter if you have achieved it in the natural realm yet.
As a believer, you’ve been given the gift of being able to create with your words, just like Abba Father.
Here are some faith based hair growth affirmations:
- “My curly hair is a blessing from God. Therefore, it thrives and grows.” (Psalm 139:14)
- “My straight hair is a blessing from God. Therefore, it thrives and grows.” (Psalm 139:14)
- “Long hair is a woman’s glory. It’s my covering.” (1 Corinthians 11:15)
- “I grow long hair and the hairs of my head are numbered by God.” (Matthew 10:30)
- “God gives me all strength including the strength to grow long hair.” (Isaiah 40:29)
- “God gives me the desires of my heart. I desire long healthy hair and I’m thankful for it.” (Psalm 37:4)
- “I have might and strength to grow longer hair.” (Philippians 4:13)
- “Not a head of my hair will perish. My hair follicles continue to produce.” (Luke 28)
- “I’m holy to the Lord and grow my hair long.” (Numbers 6:5)
- “It’s God’s will for me to have healthy hair.” (3 John 1:2)
- “I will not fail at growing my hair long. God is with me.” (Psalm 46:5)
- “It’s God’s desire to bless me in every area of my life, including my physical body which includes my hair.” (James 1:7)
- “I glorify God in my body. One of the ways I glory Him is by growing and caring for the hair He blessed me with.” (1 Corinthians 6:19,20)
- “God promises me prosperity and that’s extended to my hair care.” (Jeremiah 33:6)
- “It’s God’s desire for me to have good health for my entire body, including my hair.” (3 John 1:2)
see also: 4 Ways to Include God in Your Hair Care
Other General Hair Growth Affirmations
Here are some general confessions that you can also make to affirm your desire to grow longer hair.
- “I take good care of my hair and see the fruit of my labor.”
- “Even when I have a bad hair day, I give my hair the attention it needs to grow healthily.”
- “I am in full control of my hair growth. Therefore, I fuel it with good hair care routines and nutrition.”
- “I’m patient with my hair and believe in it’s natural power to grow.”
- “I take care of my scalp and my hair follicles produce healthy strands of hair. Hence, I will not experience hair loss. “
- “My hair glides through my fingers because I keep it moisturized and lubricated.”
- “How I care for my hair is an expression of my self love. I love myself and I love my hair. The result is long healthy hair.”
- “My hair health determines how long I grow my hair and my hair is healthy.”
- “I do not experience premature hair fall.”
- “My hair cells are strong, supported and always rejuvenating.”
- “I envision having long hair. Hence, because I see it, it’s coming to pass.”
- “My hair follicles are strong and produce at least ___ feet (ex: 2 feet) of hair.”
- “I will fuel the health of my hair with my nutritional intake.”
- “I love my hair and it will grow.”
- “I’m worthy of having long hair.”
- “I’m in control of having healthy hair, long and strong.”
- “I have healthy locks of hair that resist excessive damage and fraying.”
- “I’m successful on my hair growth journey.”
- “I’m grateful for my hair from the roots to the ends.”
- “I declare I will reach my goal length.”
- “I affirm and confirm that I have long luscious hair.”
- “I achieve my dream hair.”
- “Every day may not be a good hair day but my hair is always good.”
- “I give my hair everything it needs to thrive and grow.”
- “My body has vitamins and essential fatty acids it needs for hair growth.”
Notice some of these confessions are based on giving your hair specific things needed for it to thrive and be healthy.
If you aren’t providing your body what’s needed for beautiful healthy hair, as you speak this aloud you will be feeding your subconscious with the required information needed for you to start consuming foods and developing the right diet.
I pray that you incorporate these positive affirmation into your daily speech. Speak them as is or use them to inspire you to make your own affirmations. They can be a powerful tool to help with the care of your hair.
You can expect nothing but good things when you align your words with what you are looking to achieve.
So, make your healthy hair affirmations and confessions part of your morning routine so they become second nature.
Here’s to great hair, manageable hair and rapunzel-esque locks in the not too distant future!