Last updated on September 3rd, 2017 at 04:31 pm
Physical, Mental or Emotional. God wants to heal you.
Sound to good to be true? Well, it’s not.
It took me a while to come to the realization that no matter what’s happened in my life due to my own bad choices or something beyond my control, God wants me well – spirit, soul and body.
When you think of healing, the first thing that comes to mind may be sickness and disease of the body. While this is usually what people are referring to when they talk about healing, it’s just as relevant to be healed in your mind or your emotions.
A lot of damage can occur to a person’s soul (mind and emotions) during a lifetime that can cause one to be so traumatized that he or she doesn’t walk in God’s plan for their lives.
The definition of being healed is to be made well again* (again implies that it was once the case so restoration is taking place).[tweetthis]To heal is to restore to original purity or integrity. This includes mind, body and spirit.[/tweetthis]
When God heals, He does it completely. Yet, He has reasons for why He wants you healed:
- God loves you as much as He loves anybody else. He doesn’t discriminate. If He ever healed another human being (and He has), He will heal you too!
- God has compassion for you (an irresistible urge to reach in/out and remove your problems) for your hurts.
- Jesus took upon Himself our sicknesses and diseases (spiritual, physical and emotional). Why would He go through all of that torture unless there was purpose behind it? YOU are that purpose. Jesus carried your sicknesses and diseases so you wouldn’t have to. That’s why He tells us to cast our cares on Him for He cares for us.1 Peter 5:7
- God is the same yesterday, today and forever. He never changes. Healing is not a dead, old practice. It’s still happening today.
- Jesus has given you faith to believe. The bible says He has given to every man the measure of faith. You just have to develop it and withdraw from your human spirit what has been placed within it. God wants to heal you and has given you the tools so that you can see the manifestation in your life.
As I was writing this post to encourage you, it ministered to me too
* as defined in Merriam Webster