Last updated on November 10th, 2023 at 07:48 am
There are so many gimmicky products on the market that proclaim to grow your hair. While some may be bogus, there are hair growth products that actually work. These are usually simple and natural. What you’ll find below are effective hair growth oils that I’ve personally used and found to work well.
Tropic Isle Living Red Pimento Strong Roots Hair Growth Oil
The name alone, “strong roots” tells it exactly as it is. To demonstrate how much I believe this, I’ll say it like my grandma would say it:
Tropic Isle Living Red Pimento Strong Roots Hair Growth Oil says it like it T-I Is!Grandma
Strong roots baby!
This is definitely an effective hair growth oil. I used it back when it first came out on the market. It is indicated for all hair types but especially dry, aging and fine hair.
Tropic Isle Living Red Pimento Strong Roots Hair Growth Oil Ingredients
- Jamaican Red Pimento Oil – increases circulation in the scalp, detoxifies and helps generate new cells in the scalp
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil – a humectant; rich in Omega 9, this oil is a known hair growth stimulant
- Coconut Oil – protects hair from damage and loss of protein
- Wheat Germ – rich in vitamin E, lecithin and essential fatty acids, wheat germ oil strengthens the hair’s roots and follicles
Hence, the term “strong roots” in this product name is backed up by its stellar ingredients.
This oil is much more than a scalp massage oil. You can use it as such but it’s even more effective as a hot oil treatment that you allow to saturate into your scalp.
S-Secrets Hair Growth Oil
I’ve used S-Secrets Hair Growth Oil for many months and will continue to do so. I actually like to switch up my scalp oils from time to time so this one is in rotation with others.
S-Secrets Growth Oil Ingredients
What makes S-Secrets such an effective hair growth oil is its heavily infused amount of herbs like:
- Nettle leaf – helps to combat hair loss
- Saw Palmetto – blocks the enzyme, 5-alpha-reductase which converts testosterone to DHT. High levels of DHT cause hair loss. Read more on the benefits of Saw Palmetto here.
- Amla – Improves scalp health
- Hibiscus – strengthens roots, conditions hair and protects the scalp from damage
There are other herbs as well but it also contains a rich amount of essential oils that stimulate growth too:
- Tea Tree Oil
- Clary Sage
- and more…
Wild Growth Hair Oil (Original formula)
This is one of the longest standing hair growth oils on the market and with good reason. It works.
In conjunction with protective styling, WGHO really helps with growing your hair and helping you retain length.
This oil blend has been around for many years. I can recall using it as a teen and I’m over 50 as of the writing of this post.
There is another version available: . It’s the yellow bottle. However, I’ve found the original formula works and smells better. It’s lighter in weight than the original formula which is good for fine hair but I don’t actually find the original formula to be all that heavy.
Wild Growth Hair Oil Ingredients:
Coconut oil, olive oil, Jojoba oil, Rice Bran oil, Cocoa Butter, Acerola, Pomegranate oil, Rosehip oil, pumpkin seed oil; Extracts of: Mushroom, Chick pea, Lentil, Cocoa Mass and Sesame Seed; Essential oils of: Clary Sage, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Geranium, Grapefruit, Lavender, and Peppermint
The essential oils alone are none for being growth stimulators. If you read the reviews on Amazon, there are scores of testimonials that declare the efficacy of Wild Growth Hair Oil.