Last updated on March 30th, 2016 at 04:53 pm
The use of natural substances to condition the hair. Focusing on natural ingredients for hair care to prioritize health.
Conditioners are probably the most important products in a hair care regimen. If I had to have just one hair product it would be a conditioner. Conditioner can be used to lightly cleanse, “conditioner” (duh) and even style the hair. Without a conditioner, your hair would be weak and dry.
Since, we are focusing a bit on health this month I wanted to share some of the ways you can incorporate all natural products into your hair regimen. There are hoards of conditioners on the market. I don’t always use all natural conditioners just because I’m such a huge lover of silicones 🙂 However, if I were going to focus on single ingredient conditioners, these would be it:
- Eggs – A food yes, but also a powerful protein treatment
- Honey – This is a natural humectant that helps your hair to absorb moisture. Honey can be used to
- Avocado – Rich in vitamins, avocado is beneficial for stimulating hair growth and strengthening hair follicles
- Coconut Oil – Helpful for retaining moisture, strengthening the hair from within and adding shine
- Goat’s Milk – This is my latest and greatest natural ingredient that while it can be used alone to condition and strengthen the hair, it’s even more powerful when paired with natural oils and honey. I shared in an older post, how my hair was affected by a DIY Goat’s Milk conditioner that my friend Hairscapades shared here. I’ve been using it a little over a month now and I have seen great improvement in the strength and shine of my hair. Goat’s milk is a hair strengthening treatment that every hair type can benefit from
There are many natural substances that your hair can benefit from as ingredients. These are just the tip of the iceberg. If you are serious about cutting chemicals out of your life, incorporate some of these into your hair care regimen. Both your hair and your health can benefit.
Do you use all natural conditioners or do you prefer others?