Last updated on September 1st, 2020 at 02:42 pm
Let’s face it. Beauty emergencies happen. This month I’ll share how to address some of them head on so you can come out your most beautiful self….starting with How to Fix a BAD HAIR DAY
Tips for Reclaiming a Bad Hair Day
When your hair isn’t cooperating in it’s free flowing curly (or even straight) state there’s a few suggestions I have to share with you so that you can get out the door pretty fast:
- Make it an up-do. Buns and french rolls are pretty quick to do. All you need are a few bobby pins, a satin scrunchy, PuffCuff or a banana clip.
- Focus on the front. The hair that frames your face is the most important. Leave the back as is. You can twist or braid and pin the front back in a number of ways that make the style look much better.
- Add some moisture. Sometimes, all it takes to turn a drab hair day into a fab hair day is reviving those tresses with a little moisture.
- Add accessories. A stylish headband, flower or scarf can turn your bad hair day right around.
- Slick them edges! Do you sometimes feel like your hair would look SO much better if it weren’t so frizzy around the edges? Me too! Slick them down girl. Get your toothbrush out (not the one you brush with 🙂 ) and get to work
When you aren’t quite ready to wash your hair and have a bad hair day that’s not critical to you looking your cutest on that particular day, you can reclaim your style over night by converting it into a new style.
Converting a Wash ‘n Go into a Braid Out
I like wash and go’s. Twists outs too. I also like braid outs. Sometimes, these styles can get real funky looking after a few days unless you are twisting/braiding/washing daily. But for one, who has time for all of that? And for two, that’s WAY to much manipulation when you are trying to grow your hair long. In my case, having fine hair causes an even more uphill battle because all the extra manipulation required to create a style can cause breakage if I’m not careful.
A while back I did a wash and go on my lovely (In my humble opinion 🙂 ) fine hair but it only lasted for 3 days. Boooo! The reason was because the products I chose to set my curls were too lightweight. Anywho, check out how I attacked this bad hair day by converting my wash and go into a braid out:
How do you fix a bad hair day?