Jamaican Black Castor Oil (also referred to as JBCO) is a powerhouse natural oil. Its typical use is that of a growth stimulator. However, you can also use it as a heavy sealant. You may also use JBCO to retain length.
For 30 days I decided to run an experiment on my fine natural hair. Use JBCO on the ends of my hair for 30 days consecutively and record the results.
In this video I share my full experience including if I was successful using JBCO to retain length.
To complete my experiment, I used Sunny Isle Extra Dark Jamaican Black Castor Oil.
Sunny Isle has reported on their website:
Our Extra Dark JBCO formula has a thicker, richer consistency than the Original JBCO and the highest ash content, ideal for regrowing damaged, dry or fading hair.https://jamaicanblackcastoroil.com
And, while I wasn’t using the Jamaican Black Castor Oil on my scalp for hair growth, the benefits of a thicker, richer formula could definitely benefit ones hair with regard to retaining length and strengthening the hair.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil Fun Facts
Hopefully, you watched the video to see what my results were. If you’re reading this post first and then plan to go back up and view the video, here are some fun facts about Jamaican Black Castor Oil:
- You can use it on your skin to seal in moisture
- It’s helpful in treating acne
- JBCO is extracted from castor beans by roasting them with heat to extract the oil
- JBCO is most effective at stimulating hair growth
- Regular castor oil is less alkaline than Jamaican Black castor oil
- The darkness of JBCO is the result of ash obtained during the roasting process
- Due to its alkalinity, Jamaican Black Castor Oil can help clarify the scalp
There are many other interesting facts about JBCO but you will discover the real gem in that video above. Did you watch it yet?
Here’s my starting point (Watch the video to see what my hair was looking like after 30 days)